The Online Crew Leader course is an introduction to what it takes to be an effective crew leader. This course will outline the weatherization documentation process that a crew leader must be able to complete. It also gives students an overview of the tools of a weatherization worker. In addition, students will be given an introduction to building science and how the laws of physics affect home performance. This 4-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Recall the names and the order of documents used in the weatherization process
- Demonstrate the use of the basic tools of weatherization including the blower door, manometer, and combustion analyzer
- Identify common building science issues including heat transfer, laws of thermodynamics, moisture issues, as well as computing R-value and U-factor
- The ability to fill out the forms and documents properly
- General knowledge of the blower door, manometer, and duct blaster
- An understanding of basic building science
- Written Section
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information