November 27, 2018
Employees at Community Housing Partners (CHP) are not afraid to “shout out” their peers for hard work and dedication on the job.
Now in its second year, CHP’s Shout Out program recognizes excellence based on CHP’s core values of collaboration, innovation, integrity, quality, service, and sustainability. Throughout the year, CHP employees had an opportunity to draw attention to their peers who represent these values.
From more than 170 nominations, CHP honored employees who rose to the top at a Nov. 20 reception at its corporate office in Christiansburg, Virginia:
- Randy Clark, Senior Maintenance Coordinator for Property Management, went above and beyond to ensure a successful U.S. Housing and Urban Development inspection in Central Florida and is known for his knowledge and dedication to get the job done.
- Diane McElveen, Senior Resident Services Coordinator at Parkside Garden Apartments in Ocala, Florida, provides outstanding programs for residents on her property and has one of the most well-attended youth programs across CHP’s portfolio.
- Michael Shupe, System Administrator for Information Technology in Christiansburg, Virginia, has been described as a “shining example of excellent customer service” and works with employees across CHP’s communities to ensure that their IT needs are met.
- Elaine Thomas, Senior Property Manager, takes her property management expertise on the road where it is needed to assist staff throughout CHP’s portfolio and make sure the organization does not “miss a beat” during staff changes.
- Atarsha Yelity, Property Manager for Primrose Place Apartments in Baltimore, Maryland, has made a significant difference in the office at CHP’s first community in Baltimore and shows compassion and dedication to her residents.
Following the awards presentation, CHP also recognized 30 other employees for their commitment in 2018. The nonprofit plans to continue the employee recognition program and has already begun accepting nominations for next year.