Welcome Home to Yorktown Square
Originally constructed more than 20 years ago, Yorktown Square comprises two communities: Yorktown Square I and Yorktown Square II. We are conveniently located near Yorktown Public Schools, Yorktown Naval Weapon Station, US Coast Guard Training Center, and some of the area's favorite restaurants.
Yorktown Square I features 8 one-bedroom units, 36 two-bedroom units, and 12 three-bedroom units, rented to those earning at or below 50% of the area median income.
Yorktown Square II features 60 one- and two-bedroom units, rented to low-wealth families, those earning at or below 50% of the area median income.
Extensive rehabilitation of both properties includes the use of green building practices and design features such as energy efficient mechanical systems, appliances, and lighting.
- Community room for resident and after-school programs
- Laundry center
- Picnic area
Resident Services Programs
- Employment assistance (including computer training and workforce development classes)
- Financial literacy
- Health services
- Drug and alcohol awareness
- Parenting skills
- Tax preparation assistance
- Intergenerational activities
- Literacy training
- Resident activities
- Resident council
- Tenant counseling
- Youth programming (including teen focus groups and summer camp)
- EARTHCRAFT certification
- Energy efficient mechanical systems, appliances and lighting
- Extensive construction site waste recycling, including milling trees and brush into rough-hewn lumber
- Durable finishes
Return the completed application along with supporting documents and application fee to the Leasing Center. To facilitate the quickest processing, we recommend that you schedule an appointment with us to review your application at time of submission. You may reach us at 757-887-9145.
We are an equal housing opportunity provider. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability or familial status (having children under age 18), or any other legally protected characteristic. We do not interfere, threaten, or coerce persons in the exercise of their fair housing rights. We do not retaliate against persons who have asserted their rights or persons who have assisted someone in asserting their rights.
The following information will be required and verified for every prospective resident*:
- Credit and/or criminal history
- Income verification (income guidelines may apply – contact the Leasing Center for details)
- Rental history
- Other information may be required
*The information provided must be verifiable and true. Submission of application does not guarantee an apartment home or approval.