CHP and project partners are finishing construction on Residences at North Hill, which provides 279 high, quality affordable apartments for families and seniors. The brand-new community offers a variety of one, two-, and three-bedroom apartments across five, four-story garden-style buildings. It is part of the $174 million North Hill redevelopment site, which also includes a 12-acre public park and 175 for-sale townhomes.
Co-Developers: Community Housing Partners and Pennrose
Architect: Moseley Architects
General Contractor: Breeden Construction
Management: Pennrose Management Company
Size: 279 apartments (216 for families and 63 for independent senior living)
Construction Began: July 2020
Completion Date: 2023
Financing: Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), Virginia Housing, CDBG and project-based vouchers, HOME and state and local housing trust funds
Total Costs: $124.9 million
- Great location close to community amenities and a short drive from downtown Alexandria and Washington, D.C.
- New apartments with open floor plans, spacious closets, modern kitchens, in-unit washer and dryer hookups, individually controlled heating and cooling, ceramic-tiled baths, and carpeted bedrooms
- Community room and fitness center
- On-site management services
- Recreational plaza with plans for a future Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) station on site