The Quality Control Inspector (QCI) course is based on a U.S. Department of Energy Job Task Analysis1 (JTA) of the same name. The course is broken down into two days of instruction focusing on the job description/duties outlined in the JTA. Students will be exposed to and practice the skills needed to become a successful QCI. These skills include: conducting a review of required documentation, verifying the work performed against the work plan, observing in-process retrofit work, understanding specifications and standards, performing building and safety diagnostics, recording/reporting findings and concerns, and specifying corrective actions. This course is designed to prepare qualified students to take the BPI Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector certification exam. State-of-the-art technology is used in both the classroom and the labs to provide students with a high quality learning environment. Students will get feedback about learning progress by taking online quizzes via our Learning Management System (LMS) throughout the course.
- Understanding of work-in-process visual/sensory quality checks
- Understanding of post-work visual/sensory quality checks
- Knowledge of post-work diagnostic inspection processes
- Understanding program or project compliance and job completion tasks
- NA - The BPI Home Energy Professional QCI certification exam will be administered the following day.
- Quality Control Inspector Overview
- In-Process Evaluation
- Post-Work Evaluation
- Project Compliance and Completion
- Client, crew leader, auditor & technician interaction
This class does not have a final test. Students receive a certificate of attendence. There is an optional take home practice test for the BPI Home Energy Professional QCI certification exam.
*Note: The BPI Home Energy Professional Quality Control Inspector certification is a separate test with an additional fee.
To enroll in this course, students must be 18 or older and possess an active BPI Home Energy Professional Energy Auditor certification. This Job Task Analysis may be viewed online at:https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy18osti/70977.pdf