The Online Lead-Safe Weatherization course is a DOE mandated course for anyone working on a DOE-funded weatherization project. Homes built before 1978 may contain lead paint. It is the job of every weatherization worker to be able to work safely in a lead paint environment. This course will give students the knowledge and skills to work lead-safe. This 4 hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Recall the authoring agencies for the LSW and EPA Renovator guidelines and which apply to your work
- Describe the effects of lead poisoning and how lead gets into the body
- Demonstrate how, why, and when to test for lead
- Define when to use the various containment procedures and how to set them up
- List the steps in cleaning up an LSW project
- Knowledge of the health effects of lead
- The ability to test for lead paint
- Proper procedures for the setup and cleanup of lead containment areas
- Written Section
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with a 70% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information