The Online HVAC Fundamentals course is an introduction to home heating and cooling systems. Properly functioning heating and cooling systems are essential for the efficiency, health, and safety of a home. This course will help students understand how these appliances work and how to test them. This 2-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Identify the different categories and fuel types of combustion appliances
- Recall the principles of the fundamentals of heat, air, and moisture transfer
- Demonstrate familiarity with combustion safety testing processes
- The ability to identify the different categories of combustion appliances
- How to test appliances for safety and efficiency
- The basic fundamentals of heat and moisture transfer
- Written Section
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information