The Online Energy Auditor course is an introduction to what it takes to be an effective energy auditor. The energy audit provides the basis for a retrofit job. Performing a quality energy audit ensures that the retrofit crew shows up ready to do the work that the house needs. This course will give students an idea of all of the skills required to do this job well. This 4-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Recall the steps required to conduct an energy audit
- Demonstrate the use of the basic tools of weatherization including the blower door, manometer, and combustion analyzer
- Identify common building science issues including heat transfer, laws of thermodynamics, moisture issues, as well as computing R-value and U-factor
- Knowledge of the steps in an energy audit
- General knowledge of the blower door, manometer, and duct blaster
- An understanding of basic building science
- Written Section
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information