ASHRAE 62.2 is designed to introduce students to ventilation using a house as a system approach. Students taking this course will gain a basic understanding of building science in addition to ventilation. Students will be instructed in both classroom and lab settings to ensure maximum understanding of different ventilation strategies and how they relate to the house a system. The class curriculum is suitable for weatherization auditors, crews and those seeking a better understanding of ventilation and basic building science. The majority of the class is spent in our state-of-the-art training labs, practicing a myriad of different ventilation techniques. Students will have hands on time with fans, controls, ducting, and flow measurement all related to real world applications, not just classroom theory. Participants will take a written test of house as a system and ventilation techniques that were practiced. Upon successful completion of the test, each participant will receive a certificate of completion.
- Performing ASHRAE 62.2 calculations
- Identifying ventilation systems to meet ASHRAE 62.2
- Setting ventilation controls for desired airflow
- Methods of ventilation system installation
- Verifying ventilation system performance
- Basic wiring
- Understanding of ventilation effects on Combustion Appliance Zone
- Learn the “House as a System” approach
- Understand the basic fundamentals of building science
- Perform the ASHRAE 62.2 calculations for needed whole building ventilation and local
Students are evaluated through a written exam. The passing score for the course is 80% or higher. If a student does not pass the exam, he or she will be allowed to retake it at a later date, according to CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
Contact the Training Center for group pricing information.