We offer an American Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED program that helps participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies. The courses in this program teach skills that participants need to know to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person until more advanced medical personnel arrive and take over. This program offers a choice of first aid, CPR and AED courses to meet the various training needs of a diverse audience and is offered in traditional classroom or blended learning (online learning with instructor-led skill session) formats.
- Describe how to recognize an emergency and prioritize care for injuries and sudden illnesses
- Identify the difference between (expressed) consent and implied consent
- Identify how to reduce the risk of disease transmission when giving care
- Explain how to activate and work with the emergency medical services (EMS) system
- Describe the purpose of Good Samaritan laws
- Explain when to move an injured or ill person from a dangerous scene
- Explain how to check a conscious person for life-threatening and non-life-threatening cond
- Identify signals of shock and help minimize its effects
- Demonstrate how to check an unconscious person for life-threatening conditions
- Recognize the signals of a cardiac emergency
Contact the Training Center for group pricing information.