February 6, 2024

Community Housing Partners (CHP), which provides affordable and sustainable housing across the Southeast and Mid-Atlantic, continues to solidify its reputation as an exceptional workplace by earning a spot on the 2024 list of the Best Places to Work in Virginia. The announcement was made by Virginia Business magazine and the Best Companies Group, showcasing CHP’s commitment to fostering a positive work environment.

In the recently released 2024 rankings, CHP was ranked as the 19th-best workplace among large employers with more than 250 U.S. employees. The organization is thrilled to be recognized for the third time, once again securing its position among the top companies in the state.

Laura Croft, Vice President of Human Capital at CHP, expressed her enthusiasm about the achievement, stating, “We are delighted to be named one of the Best Places to Work in Virginia once again. This recognition is evidence of the dedication and hard work of our talented and diverse team at CHP.”

Croft emphasized that creating an inclusive and supportive workplace has been a priority for CHP. The organization continually seeks ways to attract and retain skilled professionals, fostering a culture that values diversity and innovation. Croft added, “At CHP, we believe in the power of our people and are dedicated to providing an environment where they can thrive and contribute to our mission of providing affordable and sustainable housing.”

The selection process for the Best Places to Work in Virginia involves a comprehensive evaluation. Companies participate in a two-part survey, with the first part focusing on workplace policies, practices, philosophy, systems, and demographics. This segment accounts for 25% of the total evaluation. The second part consists of an employee survey, contributing the remaining 75% to the overall evaluation. The combined scores determine the top companies and their final rankings.

CHP, established in 1975 in Virginia’s New River Valley, is headquartered in Christiansburg, Virginia. The organization owns and manages 83 apartment communities in the Commonwealth, providing a range of services, including real estate development, energy conservation and training, asset management, property management, homeownership, and resident services.

CHP was also on the Best Places to Work lists in 2021 and 2022. In 2023, CHP received the Viridiant Multifamily Project or Development of the Year Award, and in 2022, it was named the Viridiant Builder or Development of the Year.