NEAT/MHEA Energy Audit Software
Instructor-led course (217)
NEAT/MHEA Energy Audit Software is a four-day computer course that provides an overview of the Weatherization Assistant software program known as NEAT and MHEA. The course curriculum is suitable for those in the weatherization industry that have basic building science knowledge and energy audit experience. The course begins with an overview of the Weatherization Assistant software. Then our instructors teach the use of NEAT and MHEA through relevant and practical examples.
Instruction takes place in our state-of-the-art computer classroom. Students are more than welcome to bring and use their personal computers, but if not, plenty of computers are available to accommodate the entire class.
- Explain the Weatherization Assistant program
- Give examples of setting up the supply library used in the program
- Complete NEAT/MHEA audits
- Interpret recommended measures
- Recognize the differences in single family versus multi-family audits in the program
Skills you'll take home
- How to perform NEAT audits
- How to perform MHEA audits
- Interpreting recommended measures
This is a lecture lab course. Topics will be presented in the classroom and then students will be allowed to apply those skills to the Weatherization Assistant computer program. Student participation is very important. The skills learned during this class will be tested in a written exam and a practical exam. The practical exam will involve running a complete audit using the software.
Grading criteria and passing score
The exam consists of two sections: one written and one practical. Students must pass each section with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
- 25 points(20 points to pass)Written Section
- 30 points(24 points to pass)Practical Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for group pricing information.