Quality Control Inspector
Online course (111)
The Online Quality Control Inspector course is an introduction to the job of the quality control inspector. The quality control inspection is the final step in the weatherization process. The QCI ensures all of the work was done properly and the house is performing as expected. This course will give students a start towards understanding the quality control inspector's job.
This 4-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the quality assurance inspection process
- Demonstrate the use of the basic tools of weatherization including the blower door, manometer, and combustion analyzer
- Identify common building science issues including heat transfer, laws of thermodynamics, moisture issues, as well as computing R-value and U-factor
Skills you'll take home
- An appreciation for the importance of the quality control inspector in the weatherization process
- An understanding of the use of the basic tools of weatherization (blower door, manometer, combustion analyzer)
- Knowledge of basic building science
This is an online course. After each topic is presented, a short self-quiz follows each section and feedback is given. A final test is given at the end of the course. All testing for the course is done online. You will be informed of your grade by email.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
- 43 points(35 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information