Online course (109)
The Online HVAC Fundamentals course is an introduction to home heating and cooling systems. Properly functioning heating and cooling systems are essential for the efficiency, health, and safety of a home. This course will help students understand how these appliances work and how to test them.
This 2-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Identify the different categories and fuel types of combustion appliances
- Recall the principles of the fundamentals of heat, air, and moisture transfer
- Demonstrate familiarity with combustion safety testing processes
Skills you'll take home
- The ability to identify the different categories of combustion appliances
- How to test appliances for safety and efficiency
- The basic fundamentals of heat and moisture transfer
This is an online course. After each topic is presented, a short self-quiz follows each section and feedback is given. A final test is given at the end of the course. All testing for the course is done online. You will be informed of your grade by email.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
- 20 points(16 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information