Online course (108)
The Online Crew Leader course is an introduction to what it takes to be an effective crew leader. This course will outline the weatherization documentation process that a crew leader must be able to complete. It also gives students an overview of the tools of a weatherization worker. In addition, students will be given an introduction to building science and how the laws of physics affect home performance.
This 4-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Recall the names and the order of documents used in the weatherization process
- Demonstrate the use of the basic tools of weatherization including the blower door, manometer, and combustion analyzer
- Identify common building science issues including heat transfer, laws of thermodynamics, moisture issues, as well as computing R-value and U-factor
Skills you'll take home
- The ability to fill out the forms and documents properly
- General knowledge of the blower door, manometer, and duct blaster
- An understanding of basic building science
This is an online course. After each topic is presented, a short self-quiz follows each section and feedback is given. A final test is given at the end of the course. All testing for the course is done online. You will be informed of your grade by email.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
- 30 points(24 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information