Envelope and Duct Leakage Testing
Online course (105)
The Online Envelope and Duct Leakage Testing course is an introduction to the causes and solutions to duct and home envelope leakage. Envelope and duct leakage testing is at the heart of home performance work. To be able to correct these problems, students must understand why they happen, how to find the leaks, and the proper way to seal them. This course will get you started on that path.
This 2-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Demonstrate familiarity with the tools of envelope and duct leakage testing such as the duct tester, manometer, and blower door
- Recall the basic principles of building science
- List the components of the building envelope
Skills you'll take home
- Knowledge of causes and consequences of envelope and duct leakage
- General knowledge of the blower door, manometer, and duct blaster
- An understanding of the building envelope
This is an online course. After each topic is presented, a short self-quiz follows each section and feedback is given. A final test is given at the end of the course. All testing for the course is done online. You will be informed of your grade by email.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
- 20 points(16 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information