Online course (104)
The Online Lead-Safe Weatherization course is a DOE mandated course for anyone working on a DOE-funded weatherization project. Homes built before 1978 may contain lead paint. It is the job of every weatherization worker to be able to work safely in a lead paint environment. This course will give students the knowledge and skills to work lead-safe.
This 4 hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Recall the authoring agencies for the LSW and EPA Renovator guidelines and which apply to your work
- Describe the effects of lead poisoning and how lead gets into the body
- Demonstrate how, why, and when to test for lead
- Define when to use the various containment procedures and how to set them up
- List the steps in cleaning up an LSW project
Skills you'll take home
- Knowledge of the health effects of lead
- The ability to test for lead paint
- Proper procedures for the setup and cleanup of lead containment areas
This is an online course. After each topic is presented, a short self-quiz follows each section and feedback is given. A final test is given at the end of the course. All testing for the course is done online. You will be informed of your grade by email.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with a 70% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
- 37 points(26 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information