Retrofit Installer Technician
Online course (106)
The Online Retrofit Installer Technician course is an introduction to the job of the retrofit installer technician. The retrofit installer technician is the entry level position in the weatherization field. They perform the weatherization measures on the home. This course will give students an overview of what is expected of a retrofit installer technician.
This 2-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Recall the principles of building science
- Identify the basic categories and fuel types of combustion appliances
- Demonstrate familiarity with the basic tools and processes of weatherization including blower door testing, combustion safety testing, and manometer usage
Skills you'll take home
- An understanding of the work of a retrofit installer technician
- Knowledge of the use of the basic tools of weatherization (blower door, manometer, combustion analyzer)
- An understanding of basic building science
This is an online course. After each topic is presented, a short self-quiz follows each section and feedback is given. A final test is given at the end of the course. All testing for the course is done online. You will be informed of your grade by email.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training's retesting policy.
- 20 points(16 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information
Retrofit Installer Technician JTA Document (531 kb)
Retrofit Installer Technician JTA Document