On Campus Courses
OSHA 10 - Construction
Instructor-led course (702)
The OSHA 10 - Construction training program is intended to provide entry level construction workers information about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to identify, abate, avoid and prevent job related hazards on a construction site. The training covers a variety of construction safety and health hazards which a worker may encounter at a construction site. Training will emphasize hazard identification, avoidance, control and prevention. Instructional time must be a minimum of 10 hours.
Instruction will take place in our state of the art classrooms.
- Explain the goal of OSHA and how that program is administered and enforced
- Discuss worker’s rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint
- Recognize the OSHA Focus Four Hazards
- Choose the correct Personal Protective and Lifesaving Equipment for the hazard
- Identify Health Hazards in Construction
Skills you'll take home
- Preparing your jobsite for an OSHA inspection
- Understanding your rights as an employee
- Ability to identify your employer’s responsibilities
- Work site hazard recognition
- Job site health hazard recognition
- Selecting the appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
This course is mostly lecture based, but will provide many opportunities for discussion of topics relevant to the students daily activities. There are several hours of electives allowing this course to be customized to some extent for the class’s specific needs. The course will include classroom quizzes and materials to take back that highlight the main safety points of each section. This class is geared for those who may have little to no experience in the construction industry, but who are required to follow OSHA regulations. Student Participation is a very important part of this course and highly encouraged.
Grading criteria and passing score
This course does not have an assessment.
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for group pricing information