Community Housing Partners is proud to be part of the HomeLIFT program in partnership with Wells Fargo and NeighborWorks® America. Discover the possibilities of homeownership and find out if it’s right for you!
HomeLIFT Program Information
- Provides eligible homebuyers with $15,000 in down payment assistance on qualified properties
- Provides homebuyer education that can prepare you for finding and financing a home and for managing the financial responsibilities of homeownership
- Assistance is not limited to first-time buyers
- Annual income of all persons 18 and older living in the home must be at or below 120% of the Virginia Beach-Norfolk-Newport News Area Median Income (AMI) guidelines (FHA financing, a popular option for HomeLIFT financing, is limited to 115% of AMI. Other loan programs may have more restrictive income limits).
- Properties qualified for the Program must be:
- Located within Virginia Beach or Norfolk.
- The primary, owner-occupied home of the buyer(s)
- A detached home, townhouse, condominium, 1-4 unit property, or Planned Unit Development
Currently all HomeLIFT funds are reserved. Please continue to check back to see if funds become available.
If you are interested in the HomeLIFT Program, take the quiz below and find out if you are immediately eligible to start the application process.
See our Frequently Asked Questions Page.
If you have additional questions, visit our FAQ page.