CHP Releases New Three-Year Strategic Plan
Reflecting a shift taking place in industries around the world, social enterprises such as Community Housing Partners (CHP) are choosing to measure their success on more than just their economic return on investment (ROI). At CHP, we evaluate our achievements not only by traditional bottom-line financial performance but also by our impact on the broader economy, the environment, and the communities we serve. This “triple bottom line” concept gauges our impact in a broader context that incorporates People, Profit, and Planet.
It is through this lens of sustainability that CHP’s new mission statement and corporate strategic plan were created. As the primary tool for our management team and board of directors to establish, communicate, and drive CHP’s priorities and strategy within the organization, the plan is updated and re-published every three years.
The new plan, which envisions healthy, sustainable communities for everyone, was built with input from CHP staff while taking into account feedback from our stakeholders. Rooted firmly in our historical commitment to sustainable principles and practices, the strategic plan defines the primary goals and supporting objectives of the company and provides a clear path ahead for CHP in the next three years.
The result is an impactful, mission-driven plan for the 2015 through 2017 period that builds on CHP’s strengths:
Healthy, sustainable communities for everyone.
To create homes and communities that are healthy, sustainable and affordable.
Social: Improve the quality of life for all of our stakeholders by creating and preserving healthy, sustainable communities. By the end of 2017, CHP will directly serve 50,917 individuals through our housing, training and support services.
Economic: Invest in individual, community, and organizational financial well-being by pursuing and deploying resources to create economically viable communities. By the end of 2017, CHP will contribute an economic impact of $350,877,522 to the localities where we work.
Environmental: Protect the environment by reducing the environmental impact of our operations, products and practices. CHP commits to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across our footprint by 6,138 metric tons by the end of 2017.
CHP will accomplish these goals and add value to our communities and stakeholders through the following actions. By the end of 2017, we will:
- Develop 1,520multifamily rental homes to maximize housing opportunities across a variety of markets.
- Design 1425 attractive, durable, energy efficient multifamily rental homes.
- Construct 1,425 multifamily rental homes using materials and practices that are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient.
- Create 696 homeowners by assisting individuals to gain the information and tools necessary to make a sound purchasing decision.
- Serve 9,000 people by delivering supportive services focused on education, financial stability, health and wellness, and social and environmental stewardship.
- Train 4,000 professionals in energy conservation and building science principles and practices.
- Increase the safety, comfort, affordability and energy efficiency of homes by weatherizing 1,490 houses.
- Manage 6,722 rental homes across the southeast by utilizing best practices in proactive management and green property maintenance.
- Support 100% of CHP’s employees through an effective company infrastructure that provides innovative technology solutions and support, strategic resource development and opportunities for personnel development.
- Advocate for 75 legislative and regulatory changes that preserve and expand support for CHP’s mission.