Dora Highway Homes in Pulaski, Virginia
Located in the Town of Pulaski, Virginia, the Dora Highway Homes were completed in February 2012 and consist of six affordable single-family homes on lots of approximately 1/5 acre each. The development features four homes with two bedrooms and one bath at 904 sq.ft., and two homes with three bedrooms and two baths at 1,082 sq.ft.
The project was a part of the Town of Pulaski’s Dora Highway Neighborhood Revitalization Project, funded with $1.4 million in Community Development Block Grant funds. Preference is given to homebuyer applicants who live or work in the Town of Pulaski.
All of the homes were built to ENERGY STAR and EARTHCRAFT House standards. Owners of these homes are expected to use 20 percent less water and have energy costs 30 percent lower than conventional homes. Green features include energy and water-saving ENERGY STAR appliances throughout the home; ENERGY STAR lighting fixtures; low-flow toilets, shower heads, and faucets; engineered hardwood flooring; fiber cement siding; and advanced air sealing measures.
The homes were designed by CHP Design Studio, the architectural arm of CHP, and constructed by CHP's in-house general contracting team, CHP Construction.
The homes were marketed and sold by CHP Realty. CHP’s NeighborWorks HomeOwnership Center provided home buyer counseling and education classes as well as down payment assistance for all eligible homebuyers.
- Built to EARTHCRAFT House and ENERGY STAR standards
- ENERGY STAR windows, refrigerator,dishwasher, clothes washer, fiberglass exterior doors, bath exhaust fans, and lighting package
- Blown cellulose wall insulation
- 30-year architectural shingles and fiber cement siding
- High-efficiency heat pump: 15.5 SEER, 9.0 HSPF
- Low-VOC interior paint and sealants
- WATERSENSE low-flow kitchen and bath faucets; WATERSENSE toilets
- Advanced framing and air sealingmeasures
- Mechanically-controlled fresh air distribution part of HVAC design
- Front porches provide for covered/shaded outdoor living
- Engineered wood flooring; no carpetfor improved indoor air quality
ONE-TIME BENEFITS TO LOCAL ECONOMY FROM CONSTRUCTION
- Total value (cost) of construction, excluding land: $622,307
- Local business income: $75,902
- Local wages and salaries: $342,407
- Total local income from construction: $418,310
- Taxes and fees from construction: $48, 956
- Local jobs (FTE) in construction and other industries: 9
Sources of Funds:
- CHP SHOP
- Town of Pulaski
- DHCD HOME
- NRV HOME
Completion Date: Winter 2012
Developer: Community Housing Partners
General Contractor: CHP Construction
Architect: CHP Design Studio
REALTOR: CHP Realty
Click on address for directions:
804 Dora Highway
Pulaski, VA 24301
CHP Design Studio