College Hill Homes
At College Hill in Lynchburg, Virginia, CHP preserved and renovated 10 large historic homes into multi-family rental apartments in 2003. There are 28 units for very low-income and low-wealth families. These homes underwent a major rehabilitation, gutting interiors, redesigning the spaces, and dividing the houses into comfortably-sized family units. Each house now contains three to four units, consisting of two-, three- or four-bedroom apartments.
Resident Services Programs
- Financial Literacy
- Individual Development Accounts (IDA)
- Employment Skills Development
- Parenting Classes
- Computer Literacy for Adults
- Workforce Development Services (including resume preparation, job counseling, job readiness, and career advancement seminars)
SAVE TIME. An application is available for you to download and complete at your convenience. Please click below.
Return the completed application along with supporting documents and application fee to the Leasing Center. To facilitate the quickest processing, we recommend that you schedule an appointment with us to review your application at time of submission. You may reach us at 434-845-2822.
CHP complies with the Fair Housing Act as amended and all applicable Federal, State and local laws prohibiting discrimination in housing based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, elderliness, or familial status. The following information will be required and verified for every prospective resident*:
- Credit and/or Criminal History
- Income Verification (income guidelines may apply – contact the Leasing Center for details)
- Rental History
- Other Information May be Required
*The information provided must be verifiable and true. Submission of application does not guarantee an apartment home or approval.
Click on address for directions:
1957 Fort Avenue Suite B
Lynchburg, VA 24501