Manufactured Housing Fundamentals
Instructor-led course (210)
Manufactured Housing Fundamentals is a four-day class that incorporates classroom lectures, videos and interactive demonstrations with activities at our on-site mobile home and state-of-the-art training facility. The class curriculum is suitable for weatherization crews and those seeking a better understanding of manufactured home weatherization. The class uses principles of building science to explain why weatherization techniques are effective. The class devotes a significant amount of time for hands-on practice of these weatherization techniques. On the final day, participants take a written test that covers the weatherization measures that were taught. Upon passing the course, each student receives a certificate of completion.
- List the standard weatherization priorities for manufactured homes
- Identify duct leakage problems and how to diagnose them
- Identify air sealing measures for manufactured homes
- Explain the benefits of insulating the belly cavity
- Demonstrate a cost-effective technique for re-insulating wall cavities
- Demonstrate a variety of how-to methods for accessing and insulating manufactured home roof cavities
- Identify manufactured home heating systems
Skills you'll take home
- Duct diagnostics and repair
- Common air sealing areas of manufactured housing
- Manufactured housing belly repair /replace and insulation
- Manufactured housing roof insulation methods
- Manufactured housing heating systems recognition
- Materials that can be used for manufactured housing weatherization
This is a lecture-lab course. Topics will be presented in a classroom setting and then followed up with student involvement in the lab. The class will be geared towards little or no previous training in this field.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final exam is a 40 question test. The passing score for the course is 80% or higher. If a student does not pass the written exam, he or she will be allowed to retake the test in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions Research and Training’s retesting policy.
- 40 points(32 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for group pricing information