Advanced HVAC Troubleshooting
Instructor-led course (254)
Advanced HVAC Troubleshooting provides a detailed look at HVAC system control adjustments, parts replacement, diagnostic testing, and testing of electrical control systems. The class curriculum is suitable for HVAC technicians and those seeking a better understanding of heating system troubleshooting.
The class focuses on a variety of heating systems and how to properly test for their safe and efficient operation. Hands-on practice with these systems in our HVAC Lab is a core component of this class.
Recognize the different heating systems components and discuss their function/adjustment
Systematically address technical issues with heating and cooling systems
Utilize tools and diagnostics to understand what adjustments or repairs need to be made
Use lab experience with functioning equipment to give students a practical understanding of the lessons being taught
SKILLS YOU'LL TAKE HOME
adjusting pump pressure
adjusting air band
proper location for combustion testing
adjusting gas pressure
proper location for CO testing and air band adjustments
replacement of relays/sequencers, etc.
cleaning blower motors
proper cleaning of evaporator and condenser coils
general troubleshooting(no refrigerant charging/recovery)
- Oil furnaces - changing nozzles
- Oil furnaces - adjusting pump pressure
- Oil furnaces - adjusting air band
- Oil furnaces - proper location for combustion testing
- Oil furnaces - troubleshooting problems with unit
- Gas furnaces - replacing thermocouple
- Gas furnaces - adjusting gas pressure
- Gas furnaces - proper location for CO testing and air band adjustments
- Gas furnaces - troubleshooting problems with unit
- Electric furnaces - troubleshooting problems with unit
- Electric furnaces - replacement of relays/sequencers, etc.
- Electric furnaces - cleaning blower motors
- Heat pumps - proper cleaning of a-coil/condenser
BPI Continuing Education Units