Manufactured Housing Fundamentals
Online course (110)
The Online Manufactured Housing Fundamentals course is an introduction to weatherizing manufactured homes. A significant percentage of our housing stock is manufactured homes. These homes require different processes for some of the weatherization tasks and present different challenges than stick-built homes. This course gives students a start towards understanding how to approach weatherizing manufactured homes
This 2-hour course is delivered via our Learning Management System, Athena.
- Recall the problems and opportunities that manufactured housing presents
- Demonstrate familiarity with the basic processes and tools of weatherization including blower door testing, CAZ testing, and manometer usage
- List the major retrofit options available for manufactured housing
Skills you'll take home
- An understanding of the manufactured housing retrofit process
- How to use the basic tools of the weatherization industry (blower door, manometer, and duct tester) on manufactured housing
This is an online course. After each topic is presented, a short self-quiz follows each section and feedback is given. A final test is given at the end of the course. All testing for the course is done online. You will be informed of your grade by email.
Grading criteria and passing score
The final test consists of a single multiple choice-true/false exam. Students pass with an 80% score or higher. If a student does not pass a section, he or she will be allowed to retake that particular section in accordance with CHP Energy Solutions' retesting policy.
- 20 points(16 points to pass)Written Section
BPI Continuing Education Units
Contact the Training Center for Group Pricing Information