Town of Blacksburg, CHP Celebrate New Neighborhood Park

Blacksburg, Virginia—On July 28, the Town of Blacksburg and Community Housing Partners (CHP) hosted a dedication ceremony to celebrate Page Park, one of the town’s newest neighborhood parks located on Prospect Street beside Dayspring Christian Academy.

Mayor Ron Rordam, members of the Page family, and Town of Blacksburg and CHP representatives will join with Roanoke and Lee Street neighbors to celebrate the completion of this park.

The completion of Page Park is part of the Town of Blacksburg’s Roanoke-Lee Street Project which included the construction of 14 energy efficient duplexes for low- to moderate-income, first-time homebuyers. The project, located on Prospect Street and Bixby Court, was designed and built by Community Housing Partners.

Page Park is named after the Page family, whose family owned the parcel of land which is now Bixby Court. John Thomas Page and Annie Farrow married and moved to Blacksburg in 1921, where they raised 11 children. Christine Page Price, daughter of John and Annie, still resides on Roanoke Street and many of their grandchildren and great-grandchildren currently reside in Blacksburg. While many family members have moved away, the Page family still considers Blacksburg home.