Since 1977, CHP Construction has engaged in both the preservation and new construction of single- and multifamily affordable housing communities and community facilities on more than 100 projects. CHP Construction maintains a qualified staff of management and supervisory personnel to ensure successful project completion.
CHP Construction creates "green" communities through sustainable site development to conserve natural areas; use of green, durable building components; advanced framing techniques; installation of water-saving appliances; cellulose insulation and duct sealing; ENERGY STAR appliances, lighting, windows and heating equipment; and our ecological materials management system that enables us to divert construction waste. Our expertise includes green building certification programs such as LEED, EARTHCRAFT and ENERGY STAR.
Our methods include:
- Value engineering to increase project sustainability and financial feasibility
- Low-impact/compact development to minimize site disturbance outside the building footprint
- Use, management, and tracking of “green”/sustainable building materials that conserve resources
- Creation of buildings that are financially and environmentally economical to operate, especially through energy-efficiency measures
- Universal Design features that improve visitability and adapt to changing needs and lifestyles of our residents
- Quick response time for revisions: CHP Construction typically provides a description of the impact to budget and schedule within a week of proposed revisions. More complicated or comprehensive revisions may take two weeks to review.
- Fixed price contract: Typically, a fixed price contract is established following value engineering.
- Incentives and Liquidated Damages: CHP will agree to stipulations for Liquidated Damages and incentives for early completion provided both are included and of comparable value.
All of our services are offered as stand-alone, fee-for-service contracts or may be bundled to fit a client’s unique needs.